TMS Treatment May Offer New Opportunities for Patients
Research into TMS treatment or Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation is revealing the significant potential that TMS represents for those living with many different conditions. A type of neuromodulation, TMS involves the application of a unique magnetic field to some regions of the brain. This magnetic field induces natural changes within the brain that can help to reconnect and realign the neurons whose functionality may impact your health, whether you are experiencing poor-quality sleep or difficulties with recall.
Both research and real-world results have revealed that treatments based on neuromodulation have the potential to provide a range of therapeutic benefits for individuals living with a TBI, PTSD, depression, anxiety, and related conditions. Brain Treatment Centre Australia, a leader in this area of treatment and research, is one of the few providers that is licensed to deliver transcranial magnetic stimulation in Australia.
There are multiple ways in which TMS therapists can help patients to mitigate and manage the symptoms of certain conditions.
Types of TMS Treatment in Australia
As part of an area of medical and scientific research that is still very young, therapies involving the use of TMS in Australia are often generalised. However, Brain Treatment Centre Australia believes in delivering treatment based not only on diagnosis but also individual needs and condition responses. To this end, we use specific information about a client’s heart and brain patterns to develop targeted treatment. We call this process MeRTSM or Magnetic EEG-ECG Resonance Therapy.
- The basis for all MeRTSM is a quantitative EEG, a thorough recording of the electrical activity taking place in an individual brain. By closely analysing this information, our clinicians identify potentially problematic areas, which may reflect too much activity or a deficit of neural connections. We look for clues in this information to better understand a client’s symptoms.
- We use the data that we’ve generated to target our TMS therapies more accurately when we conclude the assessment period and proceed to treatment. The qEEG tells us multiple things, including where to stimulate a brain to help promote neural communication.
- The actual process is similar to other types of TMS treatment in using the same technology for generating the magnetic field used to stimulate a brain. After initial treatments, we take further qEEG measurements. We reassess patients throughout the process to determine their response to treatment and the overall efficacy of their therapy. Some patients will experience shorter treatment periods while others may require additional sessions.
Key Questions to Ask Brain Treatment Centre Australia about TMS in Brisbane
A cutting-edge technology, TMS treatments naturally inspire curiosity as a non-invasive and non-pharmaceutical therapy choice. Many clients wonder about how the process works. Sharing some of the following questions with our clinicians is a great place to begin:
- How much does it cost to visit TMS clinics in Australia? Because it is still a ground-breaking field of treatment, expect an investment associated with pursuing this treatment with the initial assessment period costing about $3,000. Our office is happy to discuss the prospective costs with you in advance. Inaccessibility is not our goal, and Zip Money payment plans are available to increase affordability.
- How long does treatment take? How often will I need to spend time at your clinic? A typical session in our clinic takes about 40 minutes, though clients may sometimes need to return for daily treatments for several weeks.
- Are there any side effects? What does an MeRTSM session feel like? There are few side effects associated with this therapy, though some individuals may experience dizziness and slight discomfort. For more information about the details of a session, please reach out directly.
- What contraindications should I know about ahead of time? Not everyone is a good candidate for MeRTSM. Those with pacemakers or cochlear implants and women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should not pursue this treatment. During an initial evaluation, our professionals can explore the full list of potential contraindications with you.
We believe in fully engaging our patients with their care, and we seek to provide as much information as possible. Whenever you have questions or concerns along the way, our professional and friendly staff is ready to step forward with the answers that you seek.
About Brain Treatment Centre Australia
We are affiliated with the US-based Brain Treatment Centre. Since opening our own doors in 2018, we have had the opportunity to help treat thousands of clients from across the nation for a wide range of conditions. From depression and PTSD to autism and ADHD, we explore how these treatments may yield results for individuals living with these and other conditions.
To inquire about your suitability for this treatment or learn about the technology that powers it, we encourage you to contact us at your convenience.